Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Year Ago - Holding Finley for the first time

December 7, 2008)
One year ago today I held Finley for the first time. It was a killer to have to wait a few days to be able to hold her, but it was well worth the wait. I remember Mike and I walking up to the NICU and walking into her little room and a nurse was in there doing some checks on Finley, and she asked me if I'd like to hold Finley. I started crying as I was scared and so excited all at the same time. I was scared, because she was so tiny! I can't even imagine having a 2-pounder. We were used to having Bryson who had been born at 7 lbs. 13 oz. and Finley just seemed so fragile. I was also scared because of all of the tubes attached to her, and didn't want to mess anything up. They had me do kangaroo therapy, and Finley and I rocked for a while. We had to leave because of the shift change (they have meetings to update the new shift, and because of patient confidentiality we had to leave during shift changes). We went back later in the day for Mike to get a chance to hold her, and we both just loved this day one year ago!!

No comments: