Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy First Birthday, Finley!




(December 5, 2007)
Today was the day that Finley entered our lives and we had made it to 33 weeks 6 days. She was so tiny and fragile. She came out screaming and looking just as precious as ever with a lot of strawberry-blond hair, and that we weren't expecting. I remember being shocked when they said she had some red hair, and remember even looking at Mike to see if he was agreeing with the nurse on that, and boy does she now! She was born at 1:02 p.m. at 4 lbs. 12 oz. and was beautiful! They took her away to the NICU along with Mike as I was finished up in surgery. They took me to a recovery room and Mike came in a bit later with pictures on the camera for me to see. I couldn't wait to get to see her with my own eyes. It was torture to not have her with me. I cannot believe how much has come with this first year of Finley's life, and how quickly it has passed us. I don't remember it going this fast with Bryson. She brings so much joy into our house! We have learned that she is a serious little soul, but does love to laugh, and can give one of the best smiles we've ever seen. She loves to dance, and will do that one on command. She has got some rhythm! She loves her brother, and she loves jewelry, just like a girl should. :) We have made a video to capture the first year of her life on this special day. Just click on the link below, and enjoy! :)

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

That gave me tears in my eyes! What a great video!

Happy Birthday Finley!

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful, just like Finley! Love, Granna