Saturday, December 6, 2008

One Year Ago - Finley's Second Day

(December 6, 2007)
A year ago today Finley was hanging out in the NICU, and I was still recovering. I was finally able to be released from the recovery area after bugging a few nurses that I wanted to go see my baby, and was able to get up and walk around for the first time after having what felt like a million wires removed. My first priority was to make it to the NICU to see my little girl for the first time since she was born, and I can't describe the feeling that came with seeing that tiny little girl all hooked up to the machines. She was so peaceful and getting the rest that she needed to grow. We weren't able to hold Finley yet, and the nurses showed us how to calm Finley down by holding her feet and her head gently with our hands instead of stroking her back or head. We made lots of trips that day while still in the hospital at all hours of the day. We were transporting bottles that I was pumping over and over again, and just really wanted to see her any chance that we got. It was very odd staying in a room after having a newborn with no newborn there with us. We couldn't walk up the long hallway to the NICU fast enough each time we wanted to get there. :)

No comments: