Monday, December 1, 2008

Emergency Room #4 - Bryson

On Sunday Mike had planned to put Christmas lights on the house, and Bryson was in and out helping lay out lights and alternate the colors. He was having a good time. At one point I was inside feeding Finley while Bryson was outside with Mike. I heard crying and then the door to the house opened, and I knew that meant something had happened, because if there's crying, it usually goes away and they would have just stayed outside. But, not this time. Bryson had been running with a stick, fell and jabbed it into his cheek right underneath his eye, between the eye and the previous scar he had stitched up a few years ago. We are sooooo glad it didn't hit directly on his eyeball. That would have been a much bigger problem! However, this wound was pretty good, and I could separate it. The past 2 injuries with Bryson I have always been shaky and frantic after something happened, but this time I even debated on going, and thought of getting some liquid Band-Aid to try and do something with it myself, but I was more scared of having something stuck in there and then it get infected, especially since a stick had been the culprit. Then I would have felt bad for not taking him. So, I took him to the emergency room while Mike stayed at home with Finley, and they luckily were able to use the Dermabond this time instead of stitches. So, for the count now we are at Stitches - 1 and Dermabond - 2. My goodness! He is all boy! I always have my camera with me, so we took the obligatory ER picture, and then I also got a picture of him playing with the 2 animals he chose to bring with him. He has been into playing doctor lately after finding his Halloween costume from last year (he was Dr. Q.T. Patootie), so he put the dogs on the bed and sat on the doctor's chair and asked "is everything okay here?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every scar is a story.

Brenda Eckert said...

Poor Bryson! What a tough little guy.

~Kara~ said...

Where was dermabond when we were kids??? ;) Cute pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor B-Man! This incident almost turned into a retelling of The Christmas Story...

Patti Popp said...

I'm glad it wasn't more serious. I bet this won't be his last time with his history! Cute doctor!!