Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dad's turn


It was finally Dad's turn. We made our way to the NICU around 1AM to see Finley again. We showed up and she was still doing really well. There was an instant where a nurse came in quickly because of some alarms going off, but she dismissed a sleep apnea episode with an error in the measuring instruments. The other nurse agreed as her pulse was reading higher than her heartbeat. They readjusted the pads and everything resumed to normal. She began to get frustrated, but I think it was time to eat. Finley ate 10mL of milk through the feeding tube and calmed down almost immediately. Dad attempted to change a diaper, but its so different than a 2 year old. The nurse had to redo it, but Dad's feelings weren't hurt. It was then the moment I have waited for...I got to sit down and hold my daughter. We talked about a lot of things and she opened her eyes and watched me. After a little while, she fell asleep. I could tell it was where she needed to be because all of her measured levels were perfect. Sounds cliche, but I could have stayed that way for hours. After about 20 minutes, it was getting really late and our morning was to start at 6AM, so we reluctantly let the nurse put her back. Its going to be very difficult not being able to walk down the hall and be with her in 10 minutes. She's doing so well. I really want her home for Christmas. Speaking of home, we have been given the "all-clear" from the doc and we can go home today. We'll be back tomorrow to see our little girl.

5 comments:

castababy said...

Look at all that hair!! Of course I speak of Finley...

tracie b said...

she is gorgeous! mom looks great, too! please, please let me know if you need any help with anything!!!

Sara S. said...

She is adorable...but you already know that. I can't wait to get back to work just so I can see Miss Finley. Hang in there...sounds like she is doing great considering she shouldn't even be here yet!!

Missmindy said...

Wow, it has been a whirlwind for yall, but it's good to see you are staying so positive. I'm so glad to hear that she is taking baby steps and doing better and better! I'm praying that she's home by Christmas too, I cannot wait to check out her and her awesome hair in person. She is too precious for words!

painterfamily said...

I think you all are holding up tremendously. I am sure this is a difficult time but it WILL pass. Try to look to the future when she is home and you all are settled in together. :) She is doing so well and is a beautiful baby :)

Hang in there!