Monday, February 7, 2011

We Are Exploding Hearts Around Here

We stayed in a lot last week with the colder weather and snowy days. I just didn't feel like getting out! We got busy painting and coloring hearts, and I made a random banner for the fireplace with the painted ones, and then taped the colored ones to the pantry door. I promise I'm not really THAT into Valentine's Day, I just happened to have some extra time on my hands this year. I think it has something to do with my kids getting a bit older :)

As many of you know, my dad stayed with us for a few weeks after being released from the hospital after having a heart attack. He actually had to go back into the hospital for a few more days after being here with us for about a week because of a rapid heart rate, but now that is all stabilized and he went back home from our house this past Saturday. We already miss having him around here, but so glad that he is feeling better and getting back in the groove of things. Anyway, we was here with us when we painted the hearts so he painted one as well. It was a fun activity for us and the kids.

No comments: