Sunday, January 13, 2008

Longest Night of Our Lives & Sweet Smiles

Friday night was the longest night of our lives yet! When Daddy got home from work on Friday Bryson was still asleep from his nap at 5:30. That was a nearly 4 hour nap for him. We should have known something was up at that point. I was asleep myself because I had been on the computer trying to work when I could barely keep my eyes open. Finley had been fed and was asleep herself, so I decided I should lay down for a bit while I had the chance. So, after Mike got home from work we woke Bryson up and he didn't quite seem himself. Around 6:00 he threw up for the first time. After that he threw up every 30 minutes until about 4 in the morning. He was miserable! At some point through the night we got him to start leaning over the "throw up bucket" we have in our house, which made things a little easier. Before that point though we were never sure where it was going to go. Our sheets and the back up set probably went through the wash throughout the night a few times each. Mike and I both had to take a shower at some point also to get cleaned off from throw up. We finally got some sleep from about 5:30 to 8:30 Sat. morning. We were so worried that things might pass to Finley, and we were being extremely careful, scrubbing our hands and arms for 2 minutes and using hand sanitizer like we had to do at the NICU. Yesterday Bryson was so lethargic and weak, and laid around for most of the day. We couldn't get much of any food or drink in him yesterday at all. This morning wasn't much different, but he wanted to eat a bit of lunch, and then took a good nap again today, and when he woke up he was a different person. He was in such a good mood this evening, and finally ate a good amount of food. We've sprayed everything down with Lysol and washed everything too. It is so nice to have him back, and hopefully we've made it through the chance of passing it on to anyone else in the house, especially Finley. We can't wait to start a fresh week!

We did have a pleasant surprise yesterday though! I was playing with Finley a bit yesterday and we were having a nice little conversation. She tried smiling at me, and I could tell that it wasn't gas, but I didn't want to get too excited until she did it again. This evening I was sitting with her and trying to get her to smile back at me, and she gave me the biggest smile. She's even got a little dimple on the side of her mouth. It's adorable. Mike was at the sink in the kitchen at the time, and he got to see it from a distance too. We tried to get her to do it again and had the camera ready, but of course it didn't happen. We'll be working on getting a picture of that soon! We can't wait for more of these little smiles. They just melt your heart!

1 comment:

Missmindy said...

Aww..how sweet, I can't wait to see a picture of Finley's little smile. Glad Bryson is back to himself too!!!