Wednesday, January 16, 2008

6 weeks old!

Today Finley is 6 weeks old. Can you believe it?! WOW! We have been sort of getting into a routine around here, but it seems like there is just not enough time in the day anymore to get to a lot of what we need to. It is frustrating to say the least, but so worth it. Finley has been opening her eyes more and more, and has been gazing into our eyes the past few days, and it is so heart warming. We just love it! I feel like she is really listening to what we're telling her. I took her to the doctor a few weeks ago because she has been spitting up and was so fussy at night. They diagnosed her then with having reflux. Yuck! I know a little bit about that myself! They put her on Zantac, and she has been taking that for 2 weeks. It really hasn't improved much, and has actually seemed to have gotten worse. She throws up some at each meal and is very uncomfortable. I took her in again this morning because she was sounding congested in her nose and chest from liquid coming out both her mouth and nose, and they said that her lungs sound clear, which is good. It means she has not aspirated anything so far. Her nose was also clear, which is good because it means that there isn't a sinus infection right now, which can happen with fluids passing through the nose often. They changed her over to Prilosec, so hopefully this works for us. They said if it doesn't the next step would be an upper GI, and we sure don't want to have to put her through that. We're hopeful everything should be just fine with the new medicine though, and they said we should see a difference within the first few days. While we were there they weighed her and she was close to 7 pounds, although I can't remember the exact number because at the time I was trying to keep Bryson from running off in the doctor's office as the nurse had Finley. She is getting big to us, but when we're out we still have people commenting "look at that tiny baby!"

After our appointment 2 weeks ago I headed to Babies R Us to get a wedge thingy for babies to sleep on to keep their head elevated to see if that would also help, and while I was there some girl came up to me and asked if I'd like a free 8x10 picture of the kids if I wanted to come take a picture with them right then. I actually had Bryson in a cute sweater that day, and Finley was looking pretty cute too, had been fed recently and was nice and content, so I agreed. The pictures turned out so cute!! Here is our favorite pose :)

I did get a picture of Finley smiling at me yesterday, but I was trying to take it so fast that they came out blurry for some reason. I'm posting them anyways (in the order they happened), because it's the first documented smile! Enjoy :)

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

She is getting so big - great picture of your two babies together!